myCloud Transfer provides the user with a web-based infrastructure via the website www.mycloud.ch for the purpose of transferring large files. In this process, a file is uploaded. Once the upload is complete, the user receives a link. This link points to the file and can then be sent to the recipient via email, for example. The recipient can then download the corresponding file via the link. It is not possible to send the link directly via myCloud Transfer. myCloud Transfer is only available for uploads within Switzerland. Downloads are also available for customers outside Switzerland. myCloud Transfer is free to use.
Scope of the service
In order to ensure the legal framework for this service, myCloud Transfer applies some restrictions.
- The maximum file size for each uploaded file or link is 5 GB.
- A link is valid for a maximum of 10 downloads and is then blocked.
- A download link is valid for 10 days and is then deleted.
- Currently, only one file can be uploaded per link. If multiple files need to be transferred, the files should be zipped in a ZIP file or a similar file type (e.g. http://www.7-zip.de/).
- For security reasons, certain file types may be rejected during upload.
- Swisscom reserves the right to limit or block access to myCloud Transfer for certain regions.
Please note: This is an extract from the "myCloud Transfer Terms and Conditions of Use" in which you can get a complete view directly on https://transfer.mycloud.ch.