Possible reasons for incorrect dates of when the photo/video was taken, created, and modified are:
- When downloading the file, the data was adjusted/changed by the internet browser.
- Should this happen, we recommend retrying the download with another internet browser.
- The time zone setting is incorrect.
- The time/clock on the recording device is incorrect.
- Very often, most operating systems will assign a file a new date of creation when a copy is being created.
- Various applications alter the date the photo/video was taken, created, or modified when the photo/video is being restored, saved, synchronised, or copied.
- When importing or transferring data to your computer (e.g. from a USB stick, smartphone, digital camera, etc.), a new creation date is often assigned to the file(s) instead of the original one being used.
You can learn more about how to change the time your photos & videos were taken here.
If you want to completely delete or modify a file’s metadata before uploading it to your myCloud, we recommend doing this directly through your operating system (Windows Explorer / Photos App) or with the help of an “Exif tool”.