Possible causes for incorrect taken-, created and modified dates:
- By downloading the file, the data was adjusted/modified by the web browser.
- We recommend trying the download again with a different web browser.
- Time zone setting is not correct
- Incorrect time information on the recording device
- A new Date created value is often set by most operating systems when a file is copied.
- Various applications modify the recording, creation and modification data when restoring, saving, synchronizing or copying.
- When importing files and transferring data (USB stick, smartphone, digital cameras, etc.) to the PC, a new created date is often set and the original creation date is not adopted.
Within the photo area of your myCloud, you have two options for adjusting the recording time of your images. Click here to learn more. Please be aware that this date change is only applied within myCloud and not when you download the pictures.
If you want to completely delete or adapt the metadata of a file before uploading them to your myCloud, we recommend that you do this directly via the respective operating system (Windows Explorer/Photos App) or using an "Exif tool".
Date taken: For photos, the date taken is stored directly in the respective file. The recording date refers to the period in which the photo/video was taken/created.
Date created: With the creation date, the time specification refers to saving or storing a file and is set by the respective operating system (e.g. by moving, copying or downloading). In many cases, therefore, the created date does not correspond to the actual taken date
Date modified: The change date is always adjusted when you make changes to the file and overwrite the original file. This may be the case, for example when the image is processed and used by another application.