As soon as you start myCloud Desktop, all files from your file view will be synchronised between myCloud.ch and your computer. In order to be able to also use the files offline, these files will be copied to your hard drive. Should there not be enough storage space available on your hard drive, this doesn’t mean that you’ll have to delete files from your myCloud. You can use selective synchronisation to easily select which folders should be synchronised with your computer.
How to use selective synchronisation:
- Click the myCloud icon in the task bar.
- Click the the tree lines in the upper right corner to open the settings.
- Select the “Settings” tab.
- Under the “myCloud folder” tab you’ll see the folder structure located on myCloud.ch.
- Folders that you de-select will be deleted from your computer and no longer be synchronised. These folders, however, will still be saved at myCloud.ch.
- Click on the “Apply” button to apply the new settings.
Please note: the settings for selective synchronisation only apply to the device you used to change these settings. This enables you to synchronise different folders across your various devices so you only take up storage space with files that you actually need.