As soon as you start myCloud Desktop, all documents from your file view on myCloud.ch are synchronised with your computer. The files are also copied to your hard disk to enable offline use. If your hard disk does not have enough free memory, this does not mean you have to delete your files. With selective synchronisation, you can simply select which folders you want to be synchronised with your computer.
How to use selective synchronization:
- Click the myCloud icon in the menu bar.
- Click the gear icon in the top right-hand corner in order to open the settings.
- Select the «Settings» tab.
- Under «Settings», you will now see the folder structure located on myCloud.ch.
- After downloading myCloud Desktop, double-click the installation file in your download folder to start the installation.
- Click the «Apply» button to apply your settings.
Please note: the settings for selective synchronisation are restricted to the device on which you are currently working. This means you can approve different synchronisation scenarios for different devices and only take up hard drive space with files that you really need.